Thursday 6 August 2015

31 weeks ~ not long to go now!

So less than two months until my due date and things are coming together.  So just wanted to give a little bit of an update.

Community Midwife Appointment

This week I had another appointment with the community midwife.  Again she was lovely and very understanding.  I had decided that I was going to ask if there was any chance of me having the baby in the midwife lead birthing unit at Epsom Hospital... if you don't ask you don't get! I was all ready for her to say no when to my surprise she said that was where she was thinking would be the best place for us!  It's early days as she can't grant us this but we should be seeing the consultant midwife soon who will be able to grant us this and then it's just a matter of running it past the doctors... ok so maybe not so easy but the fact is it's not been ruled out! Yay! Fingers crossed nothing goes wrong between now and when baby arrives.

I am however measuring quite big and so need to have another scan to check the baby isn't too big.  I am fairly sure it is all fluid (especially as my placenta was so big last time) and also the baby is lying right in the middle of my tummy.  But you never know until you scan, but hopefully it's not going to be a huge baby!  I think we're going to take Riley along to the scan which I think she will love :)

Now I am really working on my Mindfulness and trying to practice that as much as I can so that I am prepared for labour as best I can.  I am also finding it useful in all areas of my life so it's definitely something I would recommend to anyone.

Getting ready for baby!

We have bought a new buggy, a Phil and Teds Navigator 2 which has a dead break built into it.  The problem was that I wouldn't have been able to attach a buggy board to my Quinny because of the breaks so that is now up for sale - if you are interested drop me an email as would really like it to go to someone with epilepsy if possible.

We have also ordered a Moses basket this time - I think it will be worth it as I can then have the baby next to me in bed whereas last time I had to get up to pick the baby up out of the cot.  It might be a waste of money but if it gives us any chance of some sleep I'll pay it!

We've also started decorating the babies room, we have bought a matching curtain, blanket and lamp shade set which has made the room seem more like a nursery and less like a spare dumping room!   Our lovely friend has also given us a lovely throw for the sofa so it is really starting to feel like a baby's room.

Riley's chosen the babies first clothes so all that is really left to do is to get all the old clothes down from the loft and wash them.

Riley's growing up


I can't believe how grown up Riley is becoming.  She is going to be doing an extra couple of half days at pre-school from September.  I am really making the most of the time I am spending with her at the moment as I know it's not going to be as easy when the baby arrives.  I am really looking forward to being on Mat leave so that I can spend a bit more time with her. 

She's now learnt how to use my phone now and can call my mum or Rich if I have a seizure - I feel like we have got to a point now where if I had a seizure when Riley was around she'd be able to cope with it and know what to do.  I find that amazing, that at only three she is able to take on so much responsibility.  She is amazing and I feel so lucky to have such an amazing little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment