Wednesday 11 June 2014

Epilepsy Care Free Monitor

I realised I never wrote about the epilepsy alarm my parents bought me when I first had Riley.  I have recently had a few problems with it and had to send it back to be fixed which is why it got me thinking about it.

It has made me feel safer and given my family peace of mind.  Hopefully I will have it back before I start to reduce my Lamotrigine in a few weeks.

There are a few things to remember:

  • It only works a certain distance from the alarm box
  • It's not waterproof
  • It needs to be charged 1hour in 24hours
  • If you clap too enthusiastically along to a children's song it sometime alarms
But it is a fantastic monitor, it is expensive but it has definitely made me feel more confident about looking after Riley :) 

We got ours from a company called Independent Living Supplies who have been fantastic both setting it up and since then when I have needed to ask questions and recently with the problem which is currently being fixed.  Their number is:

01438 821251

No comments:

Post a Comment