Monday 15 July 2013

My new job ~ really positive start

I am really enjoying my new job.  The fact that I can still get out and about and talk to staff and parents about what I am doing to get there ideas is fantastic, I couldn't imagine doing an office job sitting at my desk all day, I just can't keep still that long!  But on top of that I feel like I am helping parents, or at least have the potential to help parents if I do a good job :)

And one of the best bits is I'm not thinking about my Epilepsy the whole time while I am at work as it makes no difference to my job, even if I was having regular big seizures I could still do my job, that is a good feeling, it means I no longer worry so much about having a seizure in relation to my job, and now Riley is getting bigger, if I do have a seizure with her the impact would be far less for her.  Don't get me wrong, I still think sometimes if I have a seizure now Riley could get hurt (especially now I'm carrying her up and down stairs as she's too big for her car seat) but the fact is I think about it less at work, which can only be a good thing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment