Wednesday 24 April 2013

EEG for King's College Research Project

I had an EEG today to go with the research project I did a while back... been a while since I've had one, forgot how annoying the glue was!  However I found that soaking it in the bath helped however baths and seizures don't mix very well, luckily Rich was around so I was able to have a nice bath.

They wanted me to sleep during the EEG, wasn't expecting that and I just couldn't sleep.  If I went for a sleep in the afternoon at home it wouldn't be a problem... but in a hospital bed with 2 people watching you and electrodes attached to your head in a 30minute time slot... wasn't going to happen!

Anyway hopefully they will have got some data from it and it might help develop a way of predicting if a medication will work for an individual before they start getting rid of some of the trial and error way in which medication and dose is adjusted at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment