Thursday 7 March 2013

Nursery ~ Riley's first taster...

Yesterday was Riley's first taster of nursery... we went to look round the nursery to see what it's all about.  It seems like a really good nursery, the days are much more structured than I imagined them to be.  They have amazing toys and so many activities.  The emphasis seems to be on messy play, I wouldn't send her there in her best clothes, but in my opinion the messier they come home the better time they've had!!! The have a mud pie making area which basically looks like a mud pit with lots of kitchen things and toy kitchen stuff, looks amazing!

While we were looking round Riley was sat on the floor playing with all the toys and smiling at everyone. Well I left her with a couple of the carers for 5minutes while I went to book in some more sessions for her and when I came back she was in tears, I thought she'd be fine me leaving her there but it would seem this nursery business is going to be harder than I first thought.  I'm sure she will settle in and love it but it was aweful seeing how upset she was with me just leaving her for 5minutes...

Anyway we've booked in a few trial days the first with me in the building doing the paperwork and then 3more 2hour times where I leave her on her own!!!  We will see how it goes...

Going back to work is becoming more real and more daunting, I have my second return to work meeting a week today, it's getting a bit close to my starting day and I really just want to get things sorted out and know where I am going.

No comments:

Post a Comment