Tuesday 15 January 2013

Worrying about development

I think every parent worries about their babies development.  I know that  all babies develop in different areas at different rates but at the end of the day almost all of them reach the same point eventually.  I guess I worry about it from an epilepsy meds point of view, in the back of my mind there is a niggle - what if my AEDs have had some more long term effect on Riley.  I'm always looking for things... like she's not crawling yet, most babies of her age aren't but when I see my friends 7month old crawling around I worry which is silly I know.  It's not that I want her to crawl to be competitive, I don't even want her to crawl as I know it will bring lots of extra challenges, I just want her to crawl to put my mind at rest.  But I know when she does there will be another milestone to worry about so I need to just relax a bit, she is a very alert baby and she sits on the sofa and plays with her toys, she is a normal baby - I need to sit back and enjoy every minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment